Mdm Lee, Principal
Learning takes place when one is secured, stimulated and happy doing what they are doing. It has always been my passion to teach and work with young children. Seeing children grow and develop under guidance of committed and motivated teachers is my greatest satisfaction working in this field.
Professional & Academic Qualification
- Currently pursuing Master of Education (Early Childhood) with National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.
- Bachelor of Science, National University of Singapore
- Diploma in Pre-school Education (Leadership), Singapore Institute of Management
- Diploma in Pre-school Education (Teaching), Singapore Institute of Management
- Certificate in Infant/ Toddler Care and Education, Association of Early Childhood Educators of Singapore
- WSQ Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment, Institute of Adult Learning
- 01 November 1999 – Started as Supervisor in Agape Student Care Centre.
- Worked in Agape Student Care Centre as Principal for 7 years. Worked with primary school children as well as young children age 2 to 3 who are in our playgroup and pre-nursery enrichment programme.
- 01 December 2007 – Appointed as Principal at Agape Child Care (CCK). Lead the staff team in CCK to achieve SPARK accreditation in 2012.
- Since 2009 – Actively involved in curriculum development and training. Oversee the development of Agape’s Chinese Story-based programme and contributed in the design and development of the English story-based, mathematics and phonics curriculum.
- Since July 2013 – Seconded to be the Principal of Agape Little Uni. @ Cecil, which has mostly younger children in the infant and toddler age group. Together with the team of staffs, the centre attained re-certification in SPARK assessment in August 2015.
It has been an amazing 15 years working with children from 12 years old down to infants of 2 months old. I love working with young children, especially the infants, as they are very responsive learners and will always show you the greatest improvement over the shortest period of time. Their many achievements through the various developmental milestones always motivate me to coach the teachers in finding appropriate and engaging ways to help the children learn and grow happily. Being a centre leader, I am passionate and committed in developing and nurturing teachers and staffs to improve their knowledge and skills. It is most satisfying to see teachers learn and grow to become effective professional educators.
In all these years, I have also been involved in developing and planning of agape curriculum, including the Storybased, Chinese, Math and phonics curriculum. Together with the HQ team, we developed training programmes for staffs in various aspects of early childhood care, education and services. I am proud to say that I have made significant contributions to agape and the early childhood field, from admin and operations, enrolment, staff development and trainings, to curriculum development and planning. I have also been invited to a few of ECDA’s focus group discussion and given considerable feedback to improve on SPARK Assessment process and Online Learning Resource for Educarers.
Pursuing the Masters degree is the beginning of another learning process for me. It will help push me to think critically and to further connect theories with practice. With a more in-depth understanding and study of early childhood curriculum design, I hope to become a better leader who can inspire, train and equip teachers to be reflective, relevant and effective as an early childhood professional. When the teachers succeed, the children will benefit most out of it, and that is what matters most.